Cleaning is the most basic routine to keep your wrought iron patio furniture looking good. True to all things, it is the dust and dirt that make the look old and dull. The fine finish and beautiful texture can only be revealed when a layer of dust and dirt are eliminated.
Cleaning your patio furniture frequently is a must to keep them tidy and looking great.
Here’s how to do day to day cleaning:
- You just need a cloth and it should be soft and non abrasive so that it won't damage the finish of your furniture.
- Use a cleaning wax recommended by the manufacturer or just mix water with mild soap and use it to soften dirt.
- Then wipe out dirt and dust clean.
For sometime, outdoor furniture can accumulate stubborn stain and dirt accumulates on hard to reach areas that wiping simply cannot help. The best you can do is wash the furniture whole.
- remove the cushions
- spray the furniture wet
- mix a mild dish soap with water
- apply the soapy water using sponge or soft cloth
- use a really soft brush and gently scrub the surface
- use a toothbrush of tight areas
- then rinse the furniture using garden hose spray, better if you can get a power spray
A sturdy wrought iron furniture somehow gets rust and paint problems. Chipped paint and rust are minor problems that have the same easy and quick fix. It is important to perform the solution immediately to avoid the issue getting worst.
- buy a touch up paint kit for your wrought iron furniture (You can ask your manufacturer or your local hardware for the right type.)
- lightly sand the affected area
- wipe out the dust and dirt, a damp cloth will do and let it dry
- then apply the paint following the instructions
Protecting your patio furniture will prevent problems that causes it to look awful. It also helps prolong its lifespan.
Here are the things you can do:
- Keep it in dry place.
- Put it under a shade or under the cover of a patio umbrella.
- Provide a protective cover when not in use, or
- Bring it inside during wet seasons