There are many solutions on how to remove mildew and stains. Quick fix and strong cleaning solutions are available in the market these days. But above all of the systematic and fancy ways, let’s talk about the basics. Simple and easy solution works most of the time so let’s get to it first.
Begin by simply washing thoroughly using some mild soap and water. Doing so will help you determine where the mildew and hard stains are. Then proceed to removing mildew and stains by the following procedure.
Mildew and stains from tree sap and sometimes bird bombs are hard to eliminate. This tough job needs a strong cleaning agent, basically chlorine bleach does the job in most situation at home.
- First, move the umbrella away from your patio or garden, wash it in a safe place where no other objects and live things get harmed.
- In a bucket, mix 1 cup of chlorine bleach, 1/4 cup detergent soap, and a gallon of lukewarm water. I you need more solution, increase the volume with the same ratio.
- Apply the mixture all over covering the entire umbrella fabric surface using a garden sprayer or a soft brush. Wear protective gloves.
- Let the solution soak into the fabric for about 10 minutes.
- Scrub the fabric with soft bristled brush especially the mildew and stains.
- Then rinse thoroughly and let it dry.
That’s it, your patio umbrella is returned to its best look. Clean and great looking umbrella gets you shaded sitting pretty in your favorite patio furniture, in your poolside, or at the beach.