One of the great challenges for maintaining a safe and beautiful home is mold. Although it may seem so ordinary but it is a serious threat. They can possibly grow anywhere at home and would cause greater problems. They can harm your home, your indoor and outdoor furniture, and even your health.
Molds should be removed and prevented for the following reasons.
First, molds are unpleasant. Mostly appears in black and can grow or expand until they consume an area or object.
Second, they are destructive. They grow usually on wet or damp surfaces. They can grow on tiles and cause damage on it. Also on wooden items such as patio furniture, benches, and sofa sets, it will consume the wood until it rots and breaks. Fabrics and upholstery too such as cushions, sun shades, and even the canopy of a patio umbrella are not exempted by the devastation of mold.
Lastly, molds also are a threat to health. A mold is a type of fungus that releases spores into the atmosphere which can cause allergies, skin irritations, asthma, and other breathing problems.
Now, let us deal with the mold. Removing mold is simply just cleaning. But we will need extra action and precaution.
The very first thing to do is to have some protection. Wearing rubber gloves, eye goggles, and breathing mask or respirator is very important. Outer clothing must be long sleeves and long pants.
Before getting directly on the molds, disinfect the area or surface first. You can use specially formulated mold removal solution but chlorine bleach and water will also do. Then you can do simple scrubbing on the infected area. Rinse and wash away the dirt and chlorine. Scrub it again using detergent and water, then rinse to finish.
Mold prevention is very easy. Just avoid dampness in any area you want to be free of molds. Spores can be present anywhere but they can only grow on damp surface. Wooded outdoor furniture and fixtures should be sealed and treated against water and mold. Before closing and storing your outdoor shade, awnings, or outdoor umbrella, make it sure that they are completely dry.